Hotel and guesthouse property management systems should be chosen very carefully.
There are a number of things that should be considered before a decision is made and herewith our advice:
- What level of reporting will be used?
- Will you use any reporting to make more efficient sales and marketing decisions?
- Do you require a system that can be accessed from anywhere via the internet. This give you the owner or manager the opportunity to even log in while you not on site?
- Do you have a server and how well is your backup information maintained?
- Can the bookings on your current system be moved to the new system without having to make all bookings manually again?
- Do you require your system to integrate with various other hospitality solutions i.e. a channel manager?
- What is the support offered by the company and the times that they offer support is this within your office working hours?
- What level of access control does the property management system offer you in order to control the staff-access level that you would like them to have?
- How many customers do they have and how long have they been in operation?
- Get a list of references and phone them and ask on problems they had and support levels?
- Do you require special licenses for extra functionality?
- What are the fees compared to other systems?
One of the hotel and guest house property management systems that we recommend is Hotelier.